Infinitinode 2 by Prineside takes tower defence games to a whole new level. The game is a follow up on the quite successful Infinitinode, taking a lot of what made that game great and improving on it. Amongst some of its most notable features are the mind-boggling research tree, the custom map creator and editor, regular updates, daily quests and seasonal leader-boards.
In total the game has 15 unique towers, each with it’s own set of in-game upgrades which allow you to specialise that specific instance of the tower. From Tesla coils to flamethrowers, cannons to lasers – this game has them all. The game also features 9 regular enemies and several bosses – each enemy has specific tower’s it’s weak against, so it’s up to you to place the right towers in the right places.
If all the defending wasn’t enough the game also has mineable resources on each map. You can build special excavation units on these positions in order to harvest said resources. You will need these to upgrade your towers.
The game offers a series of pre-made maps as a campaign – especially challenging towards the end. If you complete the campaign you will unlock endless mode, which serves as the “endgame” – offering better prizes, infinite waves, harder enemies and even more research.
The game has an option to watch videos to increase a level’s winnings by 25%, it also has a chest decryption element that will give you prizes over time, once your chest has been decrypted. Other than these two “gatcha” elements, the game does a very good job of keeping you in without bombarding you with ads or crappy micro transactions. It offers you daily missions with rewards, I even missed a day and it saved my progress allowing me to resume from the last day I completed. There are some purchase options around double gains, personally I haven’t purchased any of these but if you’d like to support the developer this is probably a good way to do so (and reduce your grind time).
Overall this is an amazing tower defence game with excellent RPG elements – the skill/research tree is a really addictive element, wanting to constantly upgrade and improve your towers, buying global perks or improving your resource mining capabilities. The custom map editor, daily challenges and endless mode give the game insane replay value and will keep you coming back for more and more. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a good tower defence game.
- Set up a custom farming map on which you can grind papers and resources
- Make sure you progress the story branch of the research tree in order to unlock levels
- Get the BOUNTY modifier tile as soon as you can, this will help you massively when grinding coins in game
- Use the wiki and reddit for more advanced tips
- Wiki: https://infinitode-2.fandom.com/wiki/Infinitode_2_Wiki
- Reddit General Guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/infinitode/comments/bz270e/very_general_guide_for_newcomers_strats_research/
- Infinitinode 2 Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prineside.tdi2&hl=en_GB
- Infinitinode Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prineside.tdi
- Infinitinode Apple Store: