Life in Adventure is a text based D&D RPG fantasy game by StudioWheel available for mobile. The game uses familiar D&D mechanics and delivers an experience with a surprising amount of depth and good storytelling. You start out with a randomised character (in the free version) as a person who is tired of their boring day to day life and set on becoming a famous adventurer. You progress through random encounters, each with a detailed description and a variety of options – some encounters spanning several pages or even in several non consecutive parts.
Each encounter will test your skills (through dice rolls and RNG) and you may come out victorious and stronger or you may lose health and sanity. Lose all your health or sanity and the adventure is over. You will also gain EXP and find better loot and equipment as you adventure through the world. Survive for long enough and you will become a renowned adventurer and essentially win the game. There are 4 types of starting equipment – Fighter, Ranger, Wizard and Warlock, but you can build your character however you see fit depending on your stats. Character stats are standard D&D ones such a strength, dexterity, intellect, charisma, constitution and wisdom.
The game can be played completely for free, but there is also an Adventurer’s Guild premium option which will set you back £3.99, the main advantages of this option are the ability to customise your new adventurers, a free dice reroll and the ability to speed up or skip fights. A lot of these perks can also be purchased using in game premium currency (gems). The game is quite generous with giving out gems which you can also spend on new encounters, background stories and storylines and traits. The premium option isn’t needed, however it’s a nice way to support the developers and also helps speed up the gameplay. Overall I’d recommend it for any D&D or text based fans out there looking for that nostalgia factor, the game plays in portrait mode making it ideal for mobile.
- For detailed in-game tips and info check out the comprehensive guide linked below.
- Avoid battles (especially early game) – trying options that will get you out of combat and events can still give you EXP.
- Items like Rope, Lantern, Pickaxe and similar are very useful – hold onto them as you may need them in your adventure.
- If you are Very Superior to an enemy or better you can skip the dice roll to get a 10 and avoid a critical fail or rolling less than 10.
- Comprehensive guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeInAdventure/comments/ri99m3/a_comprehensive_guide_to_lia/
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.StudioWheel.Bard&hl=en_GB&gl=US
- App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/life-in-adventure/id1551617649
- Wiki: https://life-in-adventure.fandom.com/wiki/Life_in_Adventure_Wiki